web page hit counter Afternoon in the Fuckup State: Day One of America's Wake - The Parallel Campaign
The blog of Michael K.



Afternoon in the Fuckup State: Day One of America's Wake


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



This is the first time my head has been clear enough to write anything today. I don't want to think about yesterday. I certainly don't want to think about the next four years. A lot of bad things are going to happen, and a lot of people are going to suffer; that's all I feel right now. And we - this stupid, infantile, ignorant nation of ours - we have what's coming to us, whatever that may be.

The empty, desolate streets, the washed-out color of the day, the speechless, expressionless faces of the people in the school I work in; the friends telling me that they're too depressed to leave the house, and scared; Kiki telling me she went for a jog this morning and ended up sitting on a bench, crying her eyes out in the rain; the dull, nagging pain in my head, throbbing with insomnia and anxiety, the numb anger and feeling of utter hopelessness, helplessness.

I have not felt anything like this, in myself or in the air around me, since 9/12/01.

|

About me

  • Michael K.
  • Observing the things in my personal cosmos: music of a catchy sort, soccer, hockey and other sports, theories of place, media and culture, academic life, history, nature, politics, the international, the parochial. You never know what you might get. For generosity of the spirit.
  • My profile
    follow me on Twitter
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Happiest Fool. Make your own badge here.

    Previous posts

    Archives

    Linksam and Jetsam


      These sites were nutty prescient enough to link to TPC

    ATOM 0.3