web page hit counter Too soon? - The Parallel Campaign
The blog of Michael K.



Too soon?


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...





I do admire the spirit behind the ad (kind of), but isn't it a bit strange for Johnnie Walker to be giving the symbolic warm hug/rah rah to the Lebanese people? I wonder how it would have gone over if Anheuser-Busch had superimposed two gleaming Bud tall boys on an aerial shot of lower Manhattan, and stuck that on some NYC bus stops around Columbus Day '01.

I won't even get into the fact that quite a large number of Lebanese (but by no means all) would have a slight doctrinal issue with fine Scotch whiskies and things of that sort.

What's "chutzpah" in Arabic?

|

About me

  • Michael K.
  • Observing the things in my personal cosmos: music of a catchy sort, soccer, hockey and other sports, theories of place, media and culture, academic life, history, nature, politics, the international, the parochial. You never know what you might get. For generosity of the spirit.
  • My profile
    follow me on Twitter
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Happiest Fool. Make your own badge here.

    Previous posts

    Archives

    Linksam and Jetsam


      These sites were nutty prescient enough to link to TPC

    ATOM 0.3