web page hit counter - The Parallel Campaign
The blog of Michael K.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Went to see Fahrenheit 911 Wednesday night. There's really not much I could say about it that hasn't already been said somewhere, but I learned a bit from it (even if Moore is cribbing from stuff that Greg Palast has been doing for years) and was entertained as well, even if I'm not much for watching Saudis get their heads chopped off or Iraqis and American soldiers blown to pieces. It's certainly not a cinematic masterwork nor wholly cohesive in its attacks on the administration, as articles like this point out. But all in all, F-911 is nothing if not a patriotic film in the way I understand patriotism. I'll go and see it again sometime soon - especially since the longer we all manage to keep it selling out screenings (even on weekday nights in college towns on summer break!), the better the chances that people like my parents - good, decent people without too political leanings, but all too prone to supping up whatever the 7 o' clock news tells them, I'm afraid - will get around to seeing it. Not that voters in Connecticut are going to decide this election in the end - God help us if it comes to that.

Hosted Afternoon Edition yesterday, and doing it again today, so tune in for it, dammit.

Marlon Brando's dead, and it's just a bit weird how it took a day - and a couple sketchy, unconfirmed reports - before the news hit for real.

I'm far too tired, too uninspired, and sitting at much too uncomfortable a computer set-up (imagine the monitor 4 feet away from me at an oblique angle, my neck craned painfully to 3 o'clock while I type at a keyboard at my knees - can you say ergonomic atrocity?) to write any more here now. Maybe later.

|

About me

  • Michael K.
  • Observing the things in my personal cosmos: music of a catchy sort, soccer, hockey and other sports, theories of place, media and culture, academic life, history, nature, politics, the international, the parochial. You never know what you might get. For generosity of the spirit.
  • My profile
    follow me on Twitter
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Happiest Fool. Make your own badge here.

    Previous posts

    Archives

    Linksam and Jetsam


      These sites were nutty prescient enough to link to TPC

    ATOM 0.3