web page hit counter I Am Critical Realism. - The Parallel Campaign
The blog of Michael K.



I Am Critical Realism.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



No, that title doesn't mean anything. Trust me - it don't. I just think it sounds cool.

I am actually so busy it hurts. I've left everything that needs to be done this quarter to the last 11 days. That's at least 2 term papers, a couple shorter analyses, and two final exams that I've got to study for. Now of course, 11 days is a more than sufficient amount of time to generate approximately 3.75 reams of top-flight academic material; that's why I'm losing about a day and half of it, going to Chicago for a pre-NCA seminar on urban communications, public space, sustainable development, communication technologies and what-have-you. Kiki's coming to see me the day the quarter ends, and I'm hoping there's enough of me left to come see...

Actually, the pressure of needing to get all this stuff done stat is the only thing that will inspire me to actually get it done. For better or worse, I've always been a last minute kind of guy.

So while I've got much to write - thoughts about the week we've just been through, thoughts about the future, for the moment I'll only make note of a few more sites I'm adding to my links column. I've got quite a few that I look at on a semi-regular basis, and I find more all the time, so I'll beef it up more in the near future; for the moment, do have a gander at...

www.agglutinations.com: "interviews and reviews about urbanism, politics, and society". It hasn't been updated since July, but there's enough deep, thought-provoking material to keep you busy for at least a little while.

Dailykos - True, you've probably already been there plenty of times, especially if you reside somewhere left of the dial, as I do. But in the aftermath of the election, rather than tuning out and making plans to exile myself to some faraway land with sane leaders and a rational citizenry (ok, I'm still thinking of that, but for now I'm stuck here), I find myself going there (and other like-minded sites) more. I'll probably start up a diary site there, as well, as soon as I've got the time and energy to spew my uninformed and laughable political opinions.

Spinachdip - I don't know Bigsoccer poster skipshady, outside of the fact that he's one of the (lamentably) few BSers whose posts, whether about soccer or NYC or music or whatever, are pretty consistently money. This is his blog and you should look at it; I would probably say that even without having just read this classic advice on How To Tell If You Live In A Blue State.

|

About me

  • Michael K.
  • Observing the things in my personal cosmos: music of a catchy sort, soccer, hockey and other sports, theories of place, media and culture, academic life, history, nature, politics, the international, the parochial. You never know what you might get. For generosity of the spirit.
  • My profile
    follow me on Twitter
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Happiest Fool. Make your own badge here.

    Previous posts

    Archives

    Linksam and Jetsam


      These sites were nutty prescient enough to link to TPC

    ATOM 0.3