web page hit counter "I am gonna live in Sweden, when my work is done..." - The Parallel Campaign
The blog of Michael K.



"I am gonna live in Sweden, when my work is done..."


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I've long had the suspicion that Neil Hannon wrote that line for me. If it weren't so damn cold outside, I'd drive to the airport and fly to Sweden tonight.

And who wouldn't want to live in Sweden forever, when their pop charts are topped by the likes of Goteburg's own sweet, sorrowful melodic, melancholic Jens Lekman?



And I've heard all those stories about the black cabs, and the way they drive
And if you take a ride with them you might not come back alive
They might be psycho killers but tonight, I really don't care
So I said turn up the music, take me home or take me anywhere...


But then, who needs a little gentle pathos and heart in their music charts, when we've got big-titted, dour, manufactured Protoolbots like Lindsey frigging Lohan?

|

About me

  • Michael K.
  • Observing the things in my personal cosmos: music of a catchy sort, soccer, hockey and other sports, theories of place, media and culture, academic life, history, nature, politics, the international, the parochial. You never know what you might get. For generosity of the spirit.
  • My profile
    follow me on Twitter
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Happiest Fool. Make your own badge here.

    Previous posts

    Archives

    Linksam and Jetsam


      These sites were nutty prescient enough to link to TPC

    ATOM 0.3