web page hit counter Feeling Werther. - The Parallel Campaign
The blog of Michael K.



Feeling Werther.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



"If you could see me now, dear Charlotte, in the whirl of dissipation - how my mind dries up and my heart is never really full! Not one single moment of happiness: nothing! nothing touches me. I stand before a puppet show and see the little puppets move, and I ask myself whether it isn't an optical illusion. I am amused by these little puppets, or rather, I am myself one of them; I sometimes grasp my neighbor's wooden hand, and withdraw with a shudder. In the evening I resolve to enjoy the next morning's sunrise, but I remain in bed; during the day I promise myself a walk by moonlight, but I stay at home. I don't know why I get up nor why I go to sleep."

It is not a very good idea for me to be re-reading Werther these days, for reasons which I'll elaborate on later, maybe.

|

About me

  • Michael K.
  • Observing the things in my personal cosmos: music of a catchy sort, soccer, hockey and other sports, theories of place, media and culture, academic life, history, nature, politics, the international, the parochial. You never know what you might get. For generosity of the spirit.
  • My profile
    follow me on Twitter
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Happiest Fool. Make your own badge here.

    Previous posts

    Archives

    Linksam and Jetsam


      These sites were nutty prescient enough to link to TPC

    ATOM 0.3